Food and Wine
We are fortunate in Meath to have an established good food circle which ensures that you the visitor, are guaranteed a quality approved dining experience. Navan, which is only 5 miles away has many fine restaurants and pubs which cater for all needs and tastes whether eating during the day or night.
1. O'Briens Good Food and Wine (Johnstown 3 Miles). Winner of the Leinster (regional) best new restaurant of the year in 2006, O'Briens manages to combine excellent food within the ambient surroundings of a lively pub. Member of the Meath Good Food Circle. Fish a speciality. Traditional music also. Function room available. For reservations contact 046 9020555
2. Bellinter House Hotel and Eden 2 Restaurant (3 miles). The Eden 2 is a sister restaurant to The Eden in Dublin's Temple Bar. Its serves contemporary food in a recently restored country house setting. Quirky and fun! Contact 046 9030900 for reservations or www.bellinterhouse.com
3. The Russell restaurant (Navan 5 miles). Delicious food in sumptuous surroundings. Excellently located in the heart of Navan town. For reservations contact 046 9031690.
3. The Loft (Navan 5 Miles). Relaxed restaurant setting with excellent steaks, pizza and seafood. Member of Meath Good Food Circle.
4. Franzini O'Briens (Trim 10 miles). Beautiful setting overlooked by Trim Castle and beside the river Boyne, this restaurant has won a Georgina Campbell Award. For reservations contact 046 9431002
5. Tara Na Ri Pub (Garlow Cross 1 1/2 Miles) Good for lunches with carvery type food.
6. Ardboyne Hotel (Navan 4 miles) Excellent hotel restaurant. Function rooms available.
7. Newgrange hotel (Navan 5 miles) Pub food available in Rowley's or a carvery style restaurant which is great for lunches. Separate restaurant with Table D'Hote menu. Function rooms available.
8. Thai Orchid (Navan 5 miles) Excellent Thai cuisine in a very central location. Sumptuous decor.
9. China Gardens (Navan 5 Miles). Excellent Chinese food.
10. Indian Cuisine (Navan 5 miles) Navan has 2 indian restaurants of excellent quality.
There are also many pubs that serve excellent food and have traditional music.