Join us for the Second Annual Midsummer Walk for the Homeless, from the Hill of Tara to Newgrange, Co. Meath, on Saturday, 23rd June 2018, in aid to The Peter McVerry Trust.
This amazing event is a must for your diary. The full walk is a challenging 32 km distance over about 5 to 6 hours, in the heart of the Boyne Valley, and includes about 10km of the most enchanting and unspoilt riverwalk along the magnificent River Boyne, where the scenery has remained unchanged for thousands of years. This is Meath’s answer to the Camino as we journey from the ancient seat of the High kings of Ireland to the Neolithic monument of Newgrange.
- To raise funds for the most unfortunate among us. Last years event raised just over €10,000 for the Peter McVerry Trust and we are hoping to double that in June. The Homeless continue to need our support.
- More…? Because it’s a challenge and it’s fun! Why not make it a target and get out walking now? Get your friends and workmates to come on board!
- Have you ever walked along the River Boyne in the height of Summer…? No? It’s an incredible experience!
- Walkers are welcome to join our apres walk Midsummer party in Decoy House near Tara / Skryne to enjoy an evening of incredible (and locally sourced) food, live music with the Secret Jazz Band and so much more!
- Full Walk: Tara to Newgrange – 9am registration / 10am start. (32 km approx.) €50 entry – includes T-shirt and entry to Boyne Valley Midsummer feast at Decoy Country Cottages
- Half Walk: Navan to Slane – 11am registration / 12pm (noon) start (12 km approx.) €30 entry – includes T-shirt and entry to Boyne Valley Midsummer Feast at Decoy Country Cottages
- Boyne Valley Summer Feast: from 7pm (participants on the walk join in free) €20
How can you help?
- Book your tickets
- Make a donation
- How about taking a sponsorship card and take one to you office, gym, local pub and let your friends support your efforts? Yes? Just contact Conor on email@example.com or Paula on firstname.lastname@example.org to request one!
Spread the Word… Get on Board!!! Like us and share on Facebook.