Pets and Decoy Country Cottages
We love animals at Decoy Country Cottages and we are very happy for you to bring your pet with you on holiday. We can supply dog beds and feeding bowls, pet blankets, toys and a lead if required.
There is a €30 per pet per stay charge and all items can be booked at the time of placing your booking or later if you decide to bring them along after you book.
All pets are subject to the following house rules:
- Our Terms of Let state that dogs are not to be left alone at any time in the accommodation. Occasionally, and always following discussion, we may relax this rule allowing guests to leave them unattended “at home” for half a day ( a maximum of 4 hours ideally ) provided they are shut in the downstairs bathroom, with their needs remembered ( comfort, food, drink, temperature.) Unless your dog has been left within an individual “crate” that they are used to and we have inspected, a €100 cash deposit, payable before the event, will be required if any pets are to be left alone, by agreement, at any time. This €100 will be returned at the end of the stay if no damage has been caused to the property. However if it is evident that your dog has become distressed about being left at home, barks a lot, or our property appears to be “at risk”, please accept that this privilege will be withdrawn and the dog owner / guest will be responsible for paying in full for any damage sustained to the property. If you have a mobile phone, leaving us the number for emergency situations would be helpful ( and please keep it switched on ). And please tell us the name of your pet(s).
- Please keep your pets off the furniture
- Please do not allow any dogs upstairs, on the beds or chairs. We can provide a dog bed and feeding bowls or please bring your own dog-beds/baskets if you prefer.
- Please keep your dog under strict control at all times and accept any liability for any damage caused. Please be aware that if you leave your dog unattended in the house and it chews and swallows a foreign body, this could be fatal. For this reason, if you have trained your dogs to accept a crate as a safe den, it would be ideal to bring a crate with you.
- There is a €30 charge per dog to stay at Decoy Country Cottages
- The service is perfectly OK for emails and browsing sites to plan your trips from the cottages. This is a third party service and although we make every effort to ensure that the service is working properly, we cannot guarantee that it will always work and again we ask for your understanding.
Please keep you dog on a lead at all times outdoors out of consideration to other guests and please use the bags provided for cleaning up your dogs mess. Please dispose of in the general waste bin (silver).
Many thanks for your help with all of this. Keep to the “rules” and dogs will love it here!